nate-nuts

>> Thursday, December 18, 2008

just what i need...

another place where i should keep up my writing. this content doesn't fit too well on my other blog, and they're very different to me, anyway. the content on The Tin Spoon is usually deeply contemplative (please tell me you accent "tem" when you pronounce that word), emotional difficult or draining, and often leaves me reminded of the phrase "where are we going and why am i in this handbasket?"

the content from this blog is almost completely the opposite. i am reminded that, in spite of the unending brokenness of me, mankind, and this world, that God has still been very gracious in giving gifts of extraordinary beauty. while we could have just as easily been made to eat mud, sing like Gilbert Gottfriend, or see only dim reflections, we have been created in His image, men and women in His image, and He apparently has the same sort of love for music, food, writing, and visual beauty that i do.

that we do.

so...this will be recipes of things i either try, revamp, or create in the kitchen. i find that the same things i love in music seem to hold true in cooking. i create my own music, and the more i practiced it as i grew up, the better i got. but i also love to hear something new and different in other people's music. arranging is a great love of mine. and it holds true in the kitchen. i really enjoy creating my own recipes, and the more i do it, the better i get. but i also enjoy taking a recipe and seeing the potential in it to be something new. not necessarily better (as a few of my dishes would prove out) but new.


this will be thoughts on songs, books, and film, as well. i wrote a piece on The Tin Spoon about me and music. i'll probably copy it over here. it's much more suited for this blog. anyway, what it says about me and music, is fairly true about me and books, and me and film.

one caveat comes to mind. although i believe it would be very easy (for me) to let this blog become the dominant one of the two i have, it won't happen. while i can get deeply involved in the wonder of a great cabernet or the near perfection of Casablanca, these are gifts for me as a respite. to lose myself in them...even the fact that i have access to them (although much more limited as a NFP worker), while 1/2 of the world lives earning less than 2 dollars a day...to pay homage to them rather than to Him who created them, and who directs me toward those who have not tasted, heard, read, or seen...well, i cannot let these surpass them.

so...off we go. post one is done. post two is a recipe. who knows after that.

(i have stolen the post naming convention from my sister georgia, whose blog can be found in the links. this way, if another person ends up writing, we'll know who wrote it. my more traditional post name will be the first line)

0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP